"Alone, even doing nothing, you do not waste your time. You do, almost always, in company. No encounter with yourself can be altogether sterile: Something necessarily emerges, even if only the hope of some day meeting yourself again." (E.M. Cioran)

Friday, November 03, 2006

Can't get this song off my mind


I'll be your mirror
Reflect what you are, in case you don't know
I'll be the wind, the rain and the sunset
The light on your door to show that you're home

When you think the night has seen your mind
That inside you're twisted and unkind
Let me stand to show that you are blind
Please put down your hands
cause I see you

I find it hard to believe you don't know
The beauty that you are
But if you don't let me be your eyes
A hand in your darkness, so you won't be afraid

When you think the night has seen your mind
That inside you're twisted and unkind
Let me stand to show that you are blind
Please put down your hands
cause I see you

I'll be your mirror

- The Velvet Underground (1967) -

2 comments:

blackwell said...

I think this sucks big time and I hope the capitalist jerks that own the television rental company burn in hell for all eternity. It concerns me that they are pursuing a case like this. Surely greedily extracting $8000 from an elderly woman is enough for them to go on.

blackwell said...

Please ignore the other comment, it was meant for the article about the television capitalists.
Good song!