"Alone, even doing nothing, you do not waste your time. You do, almost always, in company. No encounter with yourself can be altogether sterile: Something necessarily emerges, even if only the hope of some day meeting yourself again." (E.M. Cioran)

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Limousine



Out on my walk/run the other evening from Woolloomooloo and around Mrs Maquarie's Chair and Farm Cove, as I ran up the stairs on the west side where the tourists gather to take their snapshots of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge - Sydney's most famous icons - there were a bunch of girls in party frocks, clutching glasses of bubbly as they wandered from the road and across the grass to take in the view. Nothing out of the ordinary here - looked like some sort of hen party. As I ran, my eyes drifted lazily from them up to the road to their transport - a limousine. But I had never seen a limousine like this. It was a hummer!!

This beast of a thing seemed so incongruous with these girlies in their frilly frocks. What could they have been thinking? What is the limmo company thinking? What about the planet? Anyway, I found the pic on the internet.

No comments: