"Alone, even doing nothing, you do not waste your time. You do, almost always, in company. No encounter with yourself can be altogether sterile: Something necessarily emerges, even if only the hope of some day meeting yourself again." (E.M. Cioran)

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Blog World


Yes, I'm fully aware of it - the months have rolled by and I've posted nothing. Of course, I have a thousand excuses, such as time constraints and distractions, but I have to admit that I basically haven't had anything to say (which might seem a stretch, considering the amount of ranting I do here).
Most other blogs I read are about something - ie they have a theme of some sort. In turn, they appear to be the most popular. In contrast, this blog is about nothing in particular. It's basically a diary - a place where I can note things that spring to mind, post photos or images (my own or otherwise) that convey a theme or my mood and just generally use as an online space for reflection. Wasn't that the idea of 'blogging' in its original form anyway?
I have considered focusing on one of my main interests - electronic music - here, but others - notably, for example, mnml ssgs - do it so much better than I could and focus on the styles and artists that appeal to me the most these days.
In the meantime, I will continue the "when the mood strikes" approach, but will try to be more frequent and spontaneous.

No comments: