"Alone, even doing nothing, you do not waste your time. You do, almost always, in company. No encounter with yourself can be altogether sterile: Something necessarily emerges, even if only the hope of some day meeting yourself again." (E.M. Cioran)

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Crazy recurring dream


I hadn't experienced recurring nightmares since I was a child when, for quite a long period of time, I kept waking in a cold sweat after dreaming that the world outside my family backdoor was basically a spaghetti can of writhing earthworms that I was compelled - through some obscure but powerful sense of duty - to burrow my way through, in order to get to the nextdoor neighbours' house.

And now, it's happening again. I keep having this dream that I am - in fact, rather joyously - picking up one big live white rat after another, putting them into a big kitchen blender and ..... errr.... blending them! And, strangest of all, the resulting product is a combination of bright red blood and scraps of pure white rat fur. The whole time, I am jolly and laughing, despite waking in that familiar cold sweat.

I wonder what Dr Freud would have to say about this one?

3 comments:

Weaver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Weaver said...

ooops - didn't mean to delete that last one

what I was saying was:
EEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ola Julie... You are a very hard person to catch up with. I miss you I miss You I miss YOU!!!!!! Nice blog - first time I've seen it. Just saw my photo from last years birthday and we look hot! (nice eyes) My people have been trying to talk to your people... but your people are..lets just say HOPELESS! Merry Xmas (and enjoy all those pagan celebrations that you so adore) Hopefully see you in the flesh soon - love Lisa